The seven chakras are energy centers that run the length of the body, starting at the base of the spine and going right the way to the top of the head. The sixth chakra, the third eye which is also known as Ajna.
However, you may notice that your third eye chakra is blocked but there is no need to worry because learning the signs of a third eye chakra blockage can help you to understand when you need to cleanse and unblock this important energy center.
In this article, we will be discussing the things you need to look out for that tell you that you have a blocked third eye as well as giving you some helpful tips for 3rd eye chakra healing.
What Can Your Third Eye Do?
The third is is an energy center that is located in the center of the forehead, above the top of the nose and the beliefs of many people are that this is one of the most important of the seven chakras. The third eye chakra is associated with intuition and your ability to see, but not in a literal sense.
The chakra system links to various aspects of the body, your life, and your well being. In the case of the third eye chakra, this is linked to your mind and a person whose third eye is open might be called a seer.
After you balance your third eye, you might notice that your intuition improves and that you are able to see things more clearly. This might be self-reflection but it can also involve more supernatural things. A lot of people believe that an open 3rd eye allows you to experience religious visions, out of body experiences, and an ability to see auras as well as everything that is associated with intuition.
How Do You Know If Your Third Eye Is Closed?
It can be worrying when you notice signs that the Ajna chakra is blocked especially if you do not know what blocks it or how it came to be this way. If the flow of energy has been interrupted then you may notice various aspects of your life are not as easy as they once were.
But when we talked about blocks in the energy, this concept is not limited to one thing. The energy system might be overactive or underactive and depending on which you are experiencing, you might notice that it affects your life differently to the lives of others.
Someone whose third eye chakra is overactive may experience any of the following:
- Depression, Anxiety, Paranoia
- Problems concentrating
- A tendency to zone out
- An obsession with psychic vision
Conversely, if you third eye chakra is underactive, you may notice a variety of other problems within your life, such as:
- Being in denial
- Unable to set goals
- Lack of imagination
- Unable to imagine the future or plan for it
- Being narrow-minded
- Problems with vision and memory
How Do You Know If Your Third Eye Is Open?
If the third eye chakra is open, there are several signs that you will notice. If your third eye has been blocked for some time then it may come as a surprise to you when it finally begins to open but you can look out for some of the following signs.
- An increased sense of self which makes you feel less like one body or mind and more in tune with the universe. Many people report feeling as though they now feel as if they are part of the universe and that this life is a smaller part of a much greater thing. They also feel this without fear.
- You may feel a pressure in the forehead as the chakra healing begins to remove the third eye chakra blockage but this is something that will go away over time.
- As the blockages are moved away, you will likely notice that you are able to see more clearly. But not in a physical meaning of the word. When the third eye chakra is open, your intuition will take over and you will notice that you can sense better. This could be being able to see something before it happens or having a greater understanding of something that you once could not grasp.
- Those whose third eye chakra is open, experience many symptoms but one of the most common is an increase in psychic ability. These could be thoughts that hint towards the future, an ability to see auras, and much more.
How Do You Unblock Your Third Eye?
Science has shown us that there are benefits to be had from a lot of the exercises that can be used to help balance a blocked third eye chakra. Think about the advantages linked with meditation and healing stones, for example. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the stuff you can do to unblock your third eye chakra.
- Meditation is great for opening the third eye and the good news is that you can do meditation for just a few minutes each day to get viable results. The purpose of the practice is to relax and focus on the energy center to restore its flow. You might also chant whilst you are meditating. The important thing is to let go and be present and not let your thoughts get in the way.
- Yoga poses are a great way to perform energy healing for the third eye chakra as well as all of the other chakras. To remove a third eye blockage you could try doing child’s pose or wide-legged forward fold, both of which are known to target the third eye chakra.
- Chakra stones are crystals whose energetic vibrations can be used to perform crystal healing. The energy from these stones will balance that of the third eye chakra simply by being on or near it. The best stones to use for this are those that correspond with the color of each chakra; for the third eye, something indigo in color.
- Essential oils are excellent for unblocking the third eye chakra but much like stones, you must make sure that the essential oils you are using correspond to the third eye. Lavender is known to be very effective as is sandalwood. You can massage the oil directly onto the skin above the third eye chakra, but be mindful to use a carrier oil. Alternatively, you can inhale the oils through a diffuser.
- Sound therapy is another great way to open your third eye chakra and this can be done in a variety of ways. Primarily, you might use a singing bowl or some sort of bell. Even if you do not have all of the relevant equipment, you can try a recording which is just as effective. Many meditation apps have sound healing tracks specifically designed for use with the third eye chakra.
The third eye chakra is one of the most powerful chakras of all and helps with your intuition and your abilities to see anything that might not be immediately clear. However, there are times that this chakra can become blocked and you might notice a variety of symptoms that are not very pleasant.
Fortunately, there are many ways in which you can work with the third eye chakra to open it, including meditating, using oils and stones.