Crystal therapy is used for a lot of things including healing but one of the most common things that people use crystals for is to balance the chakras.
The chakras are often referred to as the energetic organs and each energy center serves is in a different way. However, the energy flow can be interrupted and this can be improved through things like reiki and healing crystals.
In this article, we are going to be looking at how to cleanse your chakras using crystals and which chakra stones are the most effective for chakra healing.
Why Do I Need To Do A Crystal Healing Session?
Your chakras are energetic organs and these organs can become blocked over time but the good news is that they can just as easily be unblocked through things like using crystals. If the chakras remain blocked, there is a whole wealth of health problems and issues with the body and mind that can follow.
Which Crystals For Which Chakra?
One of the first things that you will need to consider before you unblock your chakras is the type of crystals that you will use for each energy center and each part of the body. In the main, you will choose stones that are similar in colour to the chakra you wish to cleanse. Fortunately, stones come in many different colours.
With this in mind, let’s take a look at which crystals will best balance each of the chakras.
- The root chakra is located at the base of the spine and is the chakra is that commonly associated with remaining grounded in your life and maintaining a connection with mother earth. Root chakra crystals are typically the color red or black to correspond with the hue of this chakra. You might use stones like black tourmaline or red jasper
- The sacral chakra is the second of the seven chakras and sits just below the naval. It is linked with creativity and sexuality and is orange. For this reason, the best type of crystal to use for this chakra will be orange in colour. You might use carnelian or citrine.
- The third chakra is the solar plexus chakra and this is linked with your feeling of self-esteem and your personal power. The solar plexus chakra is yellow and so would need stones of the same color including citrine of yellow jasper.
- The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest above the heart and is green in color. It is linked with love, joy, and compassion and has a lot of effects on the physical body to do with the thoracic region. While many green crystals like aventurine can be used for the heart chakra, it is also commonly accepted that pink rose quartz are effective heart chakra crystals.
- Next is the throat chakra which is linked with your ability to communicate effectively and your self expression. Physically speaking, this chakra is closely linked with thyroid problems which can be rectified if the energy is correctly balanced. The color of this chakra is blue and crystals like Angelite or turquoise are often used to balance the throat chakra.
- The third eye chakra is located on the forehead, between the brows, and is associated with intuition. Good healing crystals for this chakra are lapis lazuli, sodalite, and other crystals that are indigo.
- Finally, the crown chakra sits at the top of your head and is linked with wisdom and your connection to the divine or the founder of life, the universe. Crown chakra crystals are usually violet or white, things like clear quartz or amethyst are commonly used to unblock this chakra.
If you do not have access to a wide range of crystals such as rose quartz, turquoise, or sodalite, you could invest in one crystal to balance and unblock all of the chakras. The best chakra crystal for this is clear quartz and they are commonly used in crystal healing for the chakras.
Where And When To Do Chakra Healing With Crystals.
It is not merely a case of selecting the correct crystal for each of the seven chakras, but where and when you perform this healing ritual is just as important.
One of the most crucial aspects of using chakra stones is that you must be calm and relaxed. There are several ways that you can induce a relaxed state, most obviously by meditating but there are other things you can do to get your body ready for this routine.
You might play some relaxing music and close your eyes and take some soothing deep breaths. Perhaps you will choose to use some essential oils; there are certain ones that will perfectly complement crystal healing for the chakras as some are well suited to each of the chakras.
Once you are effectively relaxed, you can begin to place the crystals onto your body or that of a client if you are doing this practice for someone else. Make sure that you give yourself time, this is not a process that should be rushed, even though life can be busy, it is important to let the energy of the healing system have time to work.
How Long To Balance Chakras With Crystals
As we have mentioned, it is important to dedicate some time to this method of cleansing, and giving yourself around 20 minutes to let the crystals use their healing energy is ideal. However, if you do not have a lot of time but are feeling like your chakras need a boost, there is the option to do a shorter session. This will still have a positive effect on your health.
It is important not to force yourself into spending too much time doing this method, however, as this can have the opposite effect and you may feel like it is too much.
Where To Place The Crystals
The next thing to consider is the site of each crystal on the body. Now, of course, it will be easier to do this on other people than it is on yourself, but it is important not to get worked up if the crystals fall off. It is also worth remembering that should the chakra crystal fall off your body, the chakra healing won’t end. The energy can still cross this boundary if the healing crystals are next to you rather than on you.
Some practitioners prefer to place the chakras crystals around the body rather than on it and in some cases, this is the only option. For example, it would be difficult to place healing crystals on the top of the head for the crown chakra while you are lying down. Also, since the root chakra is located on the base of the spine, this is a difficult area to place chakra crystals so the next best thing is to pop the crystals directly next to the area.
So, with that in mind, let’s look at the best place to put your chakra crystals to balance and restore energy within the chakras.
- The crystals for cleansing and balancing the root chakra should be placed off the body ideally between the inner thighs as close to the perineum as possible.
- The sacral chakra is located below the naval and as such sacral chakra crystals should be placed in between the hips, near to the reproductive organs.
- When healing the solar plexus chakra, you will need to place the crystals in between the lower ribs and the belly button.
- For the heart chakra, crystals are best placed directly in the middle of the chest. Many people make the mistake of putting the stone over the physical heart but this is not needed for this healing system since the chakra is located in the middle of the chest.
- When balancing the throat chakra, you will need to place the crystal on the throat. However, cleansing these chakras with crystals directly on the body can be tricky so if needs be, you can place the crystal next to your throat, as closely as possible as you lie down.
- The third eye chakra will benefit from having a crystal placed directly above the energy wheel. The third eye is between the brows and this is a stable place to put a stone.
- As we mentioned earlier, it can be tricky placing a crystal directly on to the crown chakra due to its location. Of course, if you are upright and can balance the stone on the head then there is no reason that you cannot harness it’s energy this way. Alternatively, and what many find to be the easiest way is to lie down and put the stone just off the body as close to the crown as possible.
During our life, we all sometimes feel deflated and not in the best of health. This is often related to an imbalance of the chakras. The chakras are energy centres located in a line running from the bottom of the spine through to the top of the crown.
When they are blocked, we might experience both physical and emotional problems. Some common issues that can arise are a lack of self-confidence and an inability to effective express ourselves as well as issues in remaining grounded and various physical ailments like heart problems and issue with the thyroid.
All of these things can be improved through chakra balancing or cleansing and whole ther are many ways that this can be done such as reiki, meditation and yoga, one of the most effective and simple to to cleanse the chakras with crystals. So if life starts feeling a little too much or you are feeling generally off, try using one of these stones and see for yourself how balancing the chakras with crystals could change everything.