The third eye is also known as Ajna and is the sixth chakra that lies in the middle of the forehead, in the space between the eyebrows. It is as old as time but unfortunately, in modern times, many people are not familiar with its function or how to open it.
When the third eye is opened, you will notice a lot of benefits but the truth is that there are many secrets that a lot of people do not know about when you open your third eye. But that is all about to change.
In this article, we are going to look at some of the secrets of the third eye so that you can be ready for what this awakening has in store for you, giving you all of the information that you will need to know to open your third eye.
Third Eye Opening Secrets
You will likely have read a lot of articles and watched a lot of video formats telling you what to expect when you open your third eye and in a lot of cases, this is more or less correct. However, the real truth lies in the secrets of the ajna chakra that not all people are familiar with, so let’s take a look at some of these secrets.
1 The Third Eye Chakra Is A Physical Organ
Of course, when you think of the Ajna chakra, you imagine a swirling vortex of energy that is linked with a sense of wisdom and intuition, and for the most part, this is correct. However, there is now enough research been done to show us that the chakras, Ajna in particular may be linked to certain physical parts of the body.
In the case of the third eye chakra, this is the pineal gland. This is a gland that is located deep inside the brain and is responsible for maintaining your sleep/wake cycle as well as regulating your reproductive hormones.
However, this gland is now through to actually be the third eye chakra and there are several practices that you can do to keep this gland healthy and keep this internal sense organ open.
2 The Brain And The Ajna Chakra
The truth about the third eye chakra is much more than just its link to a gland in the body. It is also known that the brain waves have an effect on the Ajna chakra. In fact, because the chakras are located at points in the body where nerves meet, there is a close association with what is going on in the brain.
Furthermore, since children’s nerves and glands are more delicate, it is known that they may have a greater awareness and intuition senses than older people.
To put it simply, when we experience various sensations such as joy, bliss, sadness, and any other one of our many emotions, the brain emits waves. When we feel sad, beta waves are released, whereas when we experience bliss and joy, alpha waves are released and these are both linked to intuition and inner senses.
But what is even more exciting is that when we go into a deep meditative state, which is one way to activate the third eye chakra, gamma waves are released. These are one of the most powerful waves and can make things happen that are beyond our belief; namely activation of the third eye, or Ajna chakra.
3 Your Third Eye Is Already Open
People will try all different forms of opening the third eye chakra and a huge number of practices, but it is important to keep in mind that your third eye is already open. We know that sounds crazy when there is so much information on how to open your third eye and of course, not everyone’s third eye is as open as it should be.
However, just think about your life experience, you might have a niggle inside your mind that tells you to take a certain action, contact a certain person or go to a specific place. A lot of people call this a gut feeling but these inner sense are your intuition coming through.
In truth, a lot of us do need to work on opening the third eye but this emotional intelligence is there within us all, it is simply a matter of working with energies to harness this and open your third eye chakra even more.
In a lot of cases, we will ignore our ability to sense things or our intuition, thinking that it has no place in our life but then we are so desperate to open the third eye chakra. One of the biggest secrets is not about how to open your third eye but to accept that it is already open, you just need to take the first step on the path to opening it fully.
4 There Are Dangers To Opening The Ajna Chakra
For the most part, opening your third eye chakra will be a pleasant and often life-changing experience, but of course, much like anything, this type of third eye chakra awakening can have its downsides.
A lot of us would call these dangers, but in truth, they are more like cautions that we should place awareness on as we enter into this higher level of consciousness. If you are planning to open your third eye chakra, it is important to go into it with your eyes open and be prepared for any of the effects that opening this energy center may cause.
- You will likely experience physical side effects such as pressure at the point of the third eye chakra or more headaches. You may also notice that you physically see things with more clarity and in a brighter light.
- If your third eye opens at random when you have not been preparing for it, this can cause problems with sleep. You will likely find that you experience vivid dreams and even nightmares. Some even find that these dreams do not remain in the mind and these images can plague them during the day as well. For this reason, it is important to perform meditation before bed to try to quell these dreams.
- Another thing that can happen during sleep is astral projection, this is where you enter another level on the astral plane but this, of course, can feel scary when it first happens. It is important to keep in mind that nothing bad can happen to you while you are out of your body.
- Your third eye chakra may become overactive and this can cause problems that tend to be opposite to those that you would notice when your third eye chakra is blocked. One of the best ways to do this is to work on keeping your Ajna chakra balanced through methods like meditation.
- One important step in learning how to live with an open third eye is learning how to manage your behavior. To begin with, you might notice that you are behaving erratically or might even become fearless. While this new higher consciousness is one of the various benefits that you will see when you open your third eye, you must take the time to learn how to deal with it and how best to use it in your life.
5 You Have To Keep Working With Your Third Eye
We have touched upon one of the most important secrets of activating the third eye chakra; the fact that you will need to form a constant practice to balance the third eye chakra. This powerful energy center can become overactive and this might cause noticeable problems in your life.
Once you successfully open your third eye, you will need to find the best path to take for keeping it in sync. This chakra is powerful but can also become unbalanced quite easily.
Meditation is one of the most effective secrets to keeping the third eye chakra in balance and it is also one of the simplest. You do not need any special equipment, you simply need to close the eyes and let go. You could take a meditation course to learn special skills to control the third eye chakra or you might use an app or recorded guided meditation designed specifically for the third eye chakra.
Other ways that you can keep a balance after you open your third eye are:
- Use crystal healing by placing a stone onto the third eye.
- Try chanting or repeating a mantra.
- Use essential oils to massage the area of the third eye chakra or if you do not want to use massage, you can inhale the essence.
- Breathing techniques such as alternate nostril breathing work well.
6 The Benefits Far Outweigh The Dangers
You might not want to open your third eye once you learn about some of the dangers of doing so. However, it is essential to keep in mind that the benefits of activating the third eye are far greater than any of the dangers. It is simply a matter of learning how to live with your new state.
When you open your third eye you will notice how your intuition improves greatly and you will notice that you are able to make decisions much more easily because of how you now perceive the world with greater clarity. Some would call this an inner wisdom but whatever you refer to it as, there is no denying that it will benefit you greatly.
You might also notice how your psychic ability improves and you have a stronger connection to your spirit guides and the universe. You will know what is coming in the future and have a much more developed foresight.
After an awakening, you will notice how you have fewer negative feelings such as anxiety or worry. This higher consciousness translates into an ability to live your life in the way that you want. A lot of people would compare this to manifesting the life you want and that is utterly fulfilling.
The third eye is the sixth of seven chakras that run throughout the human body. These energy centers have the ability to affect our lives in ways we never thought possible and most commonly there is a desire to open your third eye.
When you open this chakra, you may think that you know what to expect, particularly if you have read up a lot on the subject. But there are secrets that you may not have been told but knowing these can help you to be prepared for this incredible awakening and use your newfound intuition in the best way possible.